We recognize the importance of your privacy and maintaining the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information (“Personal Data” (i.e., Personal Data or other similar terms as defined by applicable law)). This Website Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes what types of information Medline Industries, LP (“we”, “us”, “our” or “Medline”) may collect, how this information may be used, and who we may disclose this information to.
This Privacy Statement excludes those websites and online services operated by Medline Industries, LP or our affiliates that have separate privacy policies and do not link to this Privacy Statement or incorporate it by reference. This Privacy Statement does not apply to Personal Data that we collect in the context of your employment or other working relationship with us.
By using the site and by providing your Personal Data and other information through the Site, you acknowledge that your Personal Data may processed pursuant to the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with the practices described in this Privacy Statement, please do not provide us with your Personal Data or use our websites.
What Personal Data do we collect and use?
In the past twelve months, and generally, we have collected the following types of Personal Data about website visitors and logged in users:
- Contact information (identifiers), including name, personal contact information, emergency contact information, date of birth;
- Demographic information such as age, gender, country, interests and preferences.
- Organizational data, including work contact details (e.g., address, email, phone number), position/title, job function, employee ID, work eligibility information;
- Registration information, such as username and password;
- Transaction data, such as purchases and inquiries;
- Health-related information, such as information about a health condition, or safety and health information in relation to any of our products that is not covered by HIPAA;
- Device information, such as operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, cookie information, device identifier, unique identifiers, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, websites visited before browsing to our website, general location information such as city, state or geographic area; and information about their use of and actions on or in our websites or mobile applications, such as pages or screens accessed, how long spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about their activity on a page or screen, access times, and length of access.
- Marketing information, such as user preferences for receiving marketing communications and details about how users engage with our marketing communications.
- Information collected via automated means; and
- Other information that website users voluntarily provide.
Medline, our service providers, and business partners may collect this type of information over time and across third-party websites. This information is collected via various mechanisms, such as via cookies, pixels, tags, web beacons, embedded scripts, through our mobile applications, and similar technologies. This type of information may also be collected when read our HTML-enabled emails, please refer to “Marketing Communications” below for more information. Please refer to “Cookies and other Technologies” below to learn more about disabling cookies or how to opt out of the use of browsing behavior for purposes of targeted advertising.
How do we collect Personal Data?
Website Users directly provide Medline with most of the data we collect.
We generally collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- When a website user provides it directly to us, or when provided to us by a Caregiver or Healthcare Provider;
- When a visitor comes to our Sites, automatically through the use of pixels, cookies and other similar technologies (as further described below);
- From joint marketing partners; and
- From third-party sources, such as business partners, data brokers, social media, or other sources.
We may collect Personal Data when a website user:
- Browses and/or searches our site(s)
- Registers, subscribes, or creates an account with us;
- Purchases products from Medline Industries, LP through our site(s);
- Opens, clicks on, or responds to our e-mail or online offers;
- Voluntarily provides us with information through web forms or surveys which we may then link to Personal Data that we were previously provided;
- Contacts customer service to speak with a representative or make use of our customer support tools;
- Signs-up for our e-mail updates and newsletters;
- Connects, links or “shares” our site(s) via social networking sites;
- Provides ratings or reviews of our products and services; or
- Applies for a job at Medline Industries, LP.
If wish to restrict any of the above mentioned process, may submit a request here and Medline will respond.
How do we use Personal Data?
We use Personal Data to fulfill contractual relationships with customers and vendors to be able to deliver goods and services and to fulfill the following legitimate business purposes:
- Establishing an online Medline account at user request;
- Processing online purchase orders, tracking and keeping users informed about the status of their order;
- Determining whether an individual is a suitable candidate for any open jobs at Medline;
- Providing customer service (for example, answering questions or responding to a request);
- Sending reminders, updates, support, administrative messages, service bulletins, and requested information; and
- Provide marketing and promotional communications and deliver targeted and relevant advertising and relevant offers, which includes making better predictions about content and marketing offers that may interest users.
- Communicating and providing additional information that may be of interest to website users about Medline Industries, LP at their request;
We use the Personal Data we collect when we have legitimate business reasons to do so, pursued by a third party or us, so long as it is compatible with website user rights and expectations of privacy.
- This includes to:
- Operate, maintain and improve our site(s), our services, and our products;
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Perform due diligence screenings;
- Validate website users’ ability to access and/or use certain products or services that may only be intended for individuals meeting certain eligibility requirements or criteria, such as health care professionals;
- Allow users to participate in interactive features of our site(s) when they choose to do so;
- Administer online surveys or special offers from us;
- Improve our site(s), customer service, products and services and overall user experience;
- Enhance other information we have about website users to help us better understand them and determine their interests;
- Identify website user preferences so can we notify them of new or additional products, services, and promotions that might be of interest.
Medline also has legal grounds to use website users’ Personal Data for:
- Fraud prevention;
- Public safety;
- Enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations;
- Enforcement of our Terms and Conditions;
- To comply with applicable law or regulation, or a valid court order, subpoena or other legal process.
As with many other websites, as website users navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic collection technologies to collect certain information about equipment, and browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of a user visits to our Site, including the resources that a website users access and use on our Site, traffic data, location data, logs, language;
- Date and time of access, frequency, last date oftheirvisit to our Site, and other communication data;
- Information about a device and internet connection, including, but not limited to, operating system, host domain, and browser type (for example Internet Explorer); or
- Details of referring websites (URLs).
- The information we collect automatically is statistical data that helps us improve our Site and deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Determine Site traffic patterns;
- Count the number of Site visits; and individual page/content section visits
- Determine traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Site;
- Share or sell such information to third parties;
- Help us to know which pages and content are the most and least popular; and
- Determine the frequency and last date of their visit to our Site.
- Determine which pages and content on the Site are interacted with the most, so we can replicate popular experiences.
- We may, on occasion, record their session on our Site for qualitative analysis of user experience design
We also may use information collected as described in this Privacy Statement with a “opt-in” in order to provide a website user with information about goods or services we think might interest a website users. For rights as a Medline job applicant contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If a website user do not want us to use their Personal Data, for example, to send newsletters or directly market our products or services, have the right to modify their preferences at any time. At any time, a website user can click “unsubscribe” at the bottom of every email to be removed from that mailing list, a website user can modify their cookie preferences at the footer of this website, or can submit a consumer request here.
How do we share Personal Data?
We may share Personal Data with the following categories of persons in different ways and for different reasons, as appropriate and in accordance with local laws and regulations:
- Within Medline. To other affiliates and subsidiaries in our normal business operations and as needed to address our global structure.
- Service Providers and Third Party Business Partners. To third party business partners or service providers, including in connection with technology and security support, and other normal business operations.
- Government Entities, Regulators, or Legal Processes. To governmental agencies and regulators (e.g., tax authorities, social security administration), external advisors (e.g., lawyers, accountants, and auditors), courts and other tribunals, and government authorities, to the extent required or permitted by applicable law. In response to a subpoena, court order, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
- Other Disclosures with a website user Consent. We may ask if a website user would like us to disclose their Personal Data with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this Privacy Statement.
- Business Transactions. In the event of mergers, reorganizations or similar corporate restructuring activities, we may disclose information with that company. In some instances, this may include Personal Data.
- To combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our affiliates, users, and business partners, or as part of legal proceedings affecting Medline.
Cookies and other Technologies
We use several categories of cookies, and each performs different functions. Website users can learn more about what cookies we use and what each does by reviewing “Cookie Preferences” on the footer of our websites. Website users can learn more about cookies and their functions generally by visiting an information website such as allaboutcookies.org.
Categories of Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookies – These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by which amount to a request for services, such as setting privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. Browsers can be set to block or alert about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work.
Performance Cookies – These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If these cookies are not allowed we will not know when a user has visited our site and will not be able to monitor website performance.
Functionality Cookies – These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If these cookies are not allowed, then some or all of these services may not function properly.
Targeting or Advertising Cookies – These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build an interests profile and show relevant advertising on other sites. If these cookies are not allowed, a website user will experience less targeted advertising.
- Third-party targeted advertising cookies may be placed on a device by third-party advertisers, ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers.
- For example, these cookies may be used to measure the effectiveness of an ad campaign by collecting data on how many people click the ad.
Users can delete any cookies that have been installed in their browser cookie folder. Each browser follows different procedures to manage settings. Click on any of the browser links below for instructions:
Internet Explorer | Google Chrome | Mozilla Firefox | Apple Safari
Social Media Plug-In
Some of our sites use plugins from social networks like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. When our websites are accessed, a user’s browser establishes a direct connection with the servers of these social networks. The plugin content is transferred by the social network directly to their browser.
Integration of the plugin allows the social media networks to receive the information that has loaded onto the corresponding page of site. If a user is logged in with Facebook, for example, it will be able to assign a visitor to an account. An exchange of this information already takes place when a user visits our site, regardless of whether interact with the plugin or not. If a user interacts with the plugins, the corresponding information is sent directly to Facebook by a users’ browser and saved there. Information on how the data is used by the social networks can be found together with individual rights and optional settings to protect privacy on the social networks’ websites.
To avoid social networks from gathering data about an individual from our Site, please log out on the social network domain before visiting our websites. To prevent information from being exchanged with the social networks while visiting our websites, please opt out of these cookies through browser settings.
Targeted Online Advertising
Some of the business partners that collect information about users’ activities on our websites or in our mobile applications may be members of organizations or programs that provide choices to individuals regarding the use of their browsing behavior or mobile application usage for purposes of targeted advertising.
Users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through participating members of the following organizations or programs:
Users of mobile applications may opt out of receiving targeted advertising in mobile applications through participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile application, available here, and selecting the user’s choices. In addition, mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit our, or our partners’, ability to engage in ad tracking or targeted advertising using the Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising associated with mobile devices.
Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked above.
Opting -out of targeted advertisements does not eliminated advertisements, they may not no longer be relevant to the viewer. Even if a website user opts out to targeted advertising not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are included in this list, and so may still receive some cookies and tailored advertisements from companies that are not listed.
Marketing messages can be stopped at any time by contacting us (contact information under “Contact Us” below” or clicking on the opt-out link included in each marketing message. Individuals may continue to receive transactional, service-related and other non-marketing messages.
Every California Resident is entitled to the following:
- Access: The right to request access to their Personal Data, which includes the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether Personal Data concerning them is being processed, and where that is the case, access to the Personal Data and information related to how it is processed;
- Rectify or Erase: The right to rectification or erasure of their Personal Data, which includes the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed;
- Restrict: The right to restrict obtain a restriction of processing concerning their Personal Data, which includes restricting us from continuing to process their Personal Data under certain circumstances (e.g., where they contest the accuracy of their Personal Data, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the Personal Data);
- Object: The right to object to the processing of their Personal Data under certain circumstances, including objecting to processing their Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, or objecting to processing their Personal Data when it is done based upon legitimate interests;
- Data Portability: The right to data portability, which includes certain rights to have their Personal Data transmitted from us to another controller; and
- Consent: Where data processing is based on their consent, the right to withdraw consent at any time.
For more information regarding their rights under the California Consumer Protection Act, please visit oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at:
Medline Industries, LP
Attn: Privacy Office
Three Lakes Drive
Northfield, IL 60093
By submitting a request here.
International transfers of Personal Data
Medline is an international organization with affiliates across the world. Medline has committed itself to comply with this privacy Statement and the applicable data protection laws and regulations regarding Personal Data collected and stored.
For more information on our safeguards, please contact us at “Contact Us” information above. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that data we collect is treated securely and subject to appropriate safeguards in accordance with this Privacy Statement and applicable legislation.
We may update this Privacy Statement to reflect changes in the way we process Personal Data. We will notify website users about such changes in the way we use their Personal Information in compliance with applicable law.
This Privacy Notice includes an “effective” and “last updated” date. The effective date refers to the date that the current version took effect. The last updated date refers to the date that the current version was last substantively modified.
Effective Date: January 1, 2022
Last Updated Date: April 10, 2023