Medline Industries, LP
- Detailed information regarding what Personal Data and other information we collect from you, how we collect it, and how it is used;
- Further descriptions of the parties with whom and for what purposes your data is shared; and
- What rights you have regarding your Personal Data.
Data Subject Requests can be submitted at MedlinePrivacy.ZenDesk.com
Table of Contents
- What Personal Data do we collect and use?
- How do we collect your Personal Data?
- How do we use your Personal Data?
- With whom do we share your Personal Data?
- International Data Transfer
- Your Privacy Rights
We recognize the importance of your privacy and maintaining the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information (“Personal Data” (i.e., Personal Data or other similar terms as defined by applicable law)). This Website Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes what types of information Medline Industries, LP (“we”, “us”, “our” or “Medline”) may collect, how this information may be used, and who we may disclose this information to.
This Privacy Statement excludes those websites and online services operated by Medline Industries, LP or our affiliates that have separate privacy policies and do not link to this Privacy Statement or incorporate it by reference. This Privacy Statement does not apply to Personal Data that we collect in the context of your employment or other working relationship with us.
By using the site and by providing your Personal Data and other information through the Site, you acknowledge that your Personal Data may processed pursuant to the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with the practices described in this Privacy Statement, please do not provide us with your Personal Data or use our websites.
What Personal Data do we collect and use?
In the past twelve months, and generally, we have collected the following types of Personal Data about you:
- Contact information (identifiers), including name, personal contact information, emergency contact information, date of birth;
- Organizational data, including work contact details (e.g., address, email, phone number), position/title, job function, employee ID, work eligibility information;
- Registration information, such as your username and password;
- Transaction data, such as purchases and inquiries;
- Health-related information, such as information about a health condition, or safety and health information in relation to any of our products that is not covered by HIPAA;
- Device information, such as computer Internet Protocol (IP) address, unique device identifier (UDID), cookies and other information linked to a device, and
- Information about your usage of our Site and your communications with Medline; and
- Other information that you voluntarily provide.
How do we collect your Personal Data?
You directly provide Medline with most of the data we collect.
We generally collect Personal Data from you or about you in the following ways:
- When you provide it directly to us, or when provided by your Caregiver or Healthcare Provider to us;
- From joint marketing partners; and
- From third-party sources, such as business partners, data brokers, social media, or other sources.
We may collect Personal Data when you:
- Register, subscribe, or create an account with us;
- Purchase products from Medline Industries, LP through our site(s);
- Open, click on, or respond to our e-mail offers;
- When you voluntarily provide us with information through web forms or surveys which we may then link to Personal Data that we previously collected about you;
- Contact customer service to speak with a representative or make use of our customer support tools;
- Sign-up for our e-mail updates and newsletters;
- Connect, link or “share” our site(s) via social networking sites;
- Provide ratings or reviews of our products and services; or
- Apply for a job at Medline Industries, LP.
If you wish to restrict any of the above mentioned process, you may submit a request here and Medline will respond.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your Personal Data to fulfill contractual relationships with customers and vendors to be able to deliver goods and services and to fulfill the following legitimate business purposes:
- Establishing an online Medline account for you at your request;
- Processing online purchase orders, tracking and keeping you informed about the status of your order;
- Determining whether you are a suitable candidate for any open jobs at Medline;
- Providing customer service (for example, answering your questions or responding to a request);
- Sending you reminders, updates, support, administrative messages, service bulletins, and requested information; and
- Communicating and providing additional information that may be of interest to you about Medline Industries, LP at your request;
We use the Personal Data we collect when we have legitimate business reasons to do so, pursued by a third party or us, so long as it is compatible with your rights and expectations of privacy.
This Includes to:
- Operate, maintain and improve our site(s), our services, and our products;
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Perform due diligence screenings;
- Validate your ability to access and/or use certain products or services that may only be intended for individuals meeting certain eligibility requirements or criteria, such as health care professionals;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our site(s) when you choose to do so;
- Administer online surveys or special offers from us;
- Improve our site(s), customer service, products and services and overall user experience;
- Enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you and determine your interests;
- Identify your preferences so can we notify you of new or additional products, services, and promotions that might be of interest to you;
Medline also has legal grounds to use your Personal Data for:
- Fraud prevention
- Public safety
- Enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations; and
- Terms and Conditions.
- To comply with the law, regulation, court order, subpoena or other legal process.
As with many other websites, as you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including the resources that you access and use on our Site, traffic data, location data, logs, language;
- Date and time of access, frequency, and other communication data;
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your operating system, host domain, and browser type (for example Internet Explorer); or
- Details of referring websites (URL).
- The information we collect automatically is statistical data that helps us improve our Site and deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Determine Site traffic patterns;
- Count the number of Site visits;
- Determine traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Site;
- Share or sell such information to third parties;
- Help us to know which pages and content are the most and least popular; and
- Determine the frequency and last date of your visit to our Site.
We also may use information collected as described in this Privacy Statement with your “opt-in” in order to provide you with information about goods or services we think might interest you. For your rights as a Medline applicant contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not want us to use your Personal Data, for example, to send you newsletters or directly market our products of services, you may click “unsubscribe” at the bottom of all Medline emails, submit a request here, or by modifying your cookie preferences.
How do we share your Personal Data?
We may share your Personal Data with the following categories of persons in different ways and for different reasons, as appropriate and in accordance with local laws and regulations:
- Within Medline. To other affiliates and subsidiaries in our normal business operations and as needed to address our global structure.
- Service Providers and Third Party Business Partners. To third party business partners or service providers, including in connection with technology and security support, and other normal business operations.
- Government Entities, Regulators, or Legal Processes. To governmental agencies and regulators (e.g., tax authorities, social security administration), external advisors (e.g., lawyers, accountants, and auditors), courts and other tribunals, and government authorities, to the extent required or permitted by applicable law. In response to a subpoena, court order, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to disclose your Personal Data with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this Privacy Statement.
- Business Transactions. In the event of mergers, reorganizations or similar corporate restructuring activities, we may disclose information with that company. In some instances, this may include your Personal Data.
- To combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our affiliates, users, and business partners, or as part of legal proceedings affecting Medline.
Cookies and other Technologies
We use several categories of cookies and each performs different functions. You can learn more about what cookies we use and what each does by reviewing Cookie Preferences on the footer of our websites. You can learn more about cookies and their functions generally by visiting an information website such as allaboutcookies.org.
Categories of Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookies – These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work.
Performance Cookies – These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
Functionality Cookies – These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
Targeting or Advertising Cookies – These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertising on other sites. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Third-party targeted advertising cookies may be placed on your device by third-party advertisers, ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers.
- For example, these cookies may be used to measure the effectiveness of an ad campaign by collecting data on how many people click ad.
You can delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. Each browser follows different procedures to manage your settings. Click on any of the browser links below for instructions:
Windows Explorer | Google Chrome | Mozilla Firefox | Apple Safari
Social Media Plug-In
Some of our sites use plugins from social networks like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. When you access our websites, your browser establishes a direct connection with the servers of these social networks. The plugin content is transferred by the social network directly to your browser.
Integration of the plugin allows the social media networks to receive the information that you have loaded onto the corresponding page of site. If you are logged in with Facebook, for example, it will be able to assign your visit to your account. An exchange of this information already takes place when you visit our site, regardless of whether you interact with the plugin or not. If you interact with the plugins, the corresponding information is sent directly to Facebook by your browser and saved there. You can find information how the data is used by the social networks, together with your rights and optional settings to protect your privacy on the social networks’ websites.
If you do not want social networks to gather data about you via our Site, you must log out on the social network domain before visiting our sites. To prevent information being exchanged with the social networks during your visit to our sites, you can opt out of these cookies through your browser settings.
We want to make you aware of your privacy rights.
Every California Resident is entitled to the following:
- Access: The right to request access to your Personal Data, which includes the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you is being processed, and where that is the case, access to the Personal Data and information related to how it is processed;
- Rectify or Erase: The right to rectification or erasure of your Personal Data, which includes the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed;
- Restrict: The right to restrict obtain a restriction of processing concerning your Personal Data, which includes restricting us from continuing to process your Personal Data under certain circumstances (e.g., where you contest the accuracy of your Personal Data, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the Personal Data);
- Object: The right to object to the processing of your Personal Data under certain circumstances, including objecting to processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, or objecting to processing your Personal Data when it is done based upon legitimate interests;
- Data Portability: The right to data portability, which includes certain rights to have your Personal Data transmitted from us to another controller; and
- Consent: Where data processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw consent at any time.
For more information regarding your rights under the California Consumer Protection Act, please visit oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
European Union Residents and Citizens
Every EU resident and citizen user is entitled to the following:
- Right to access information about how we process your Personal Data, including the categories of Personal Data we process, recipients of your Personal Data, and purposes for our processing.
- Right to rectification of inaccurate Personal Data concerning you, as well as, taking into account the purposes of the processing, the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed.
- Right to erasure (deletion) of Personal Data concerning you where: (a) the Personal Data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; (b) you withdraw your consent and there are no other legal grounds for the processing; (c) you exercise your right to object (see below) and there are no compelling legitimate grounds for the processing; (d) the Personal Data have been unlawfully processed; or (e) the Personal Data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation applicable to us.
- Right to restriction of processing (i.e., data will be blocked from normal processing but not erased) where: (a) you contest the accuracy of the Personal Data, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy; (b) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the Personal Data and requests the restriction of their use instead; (c) we no longer need the Personal Data for the purposes of the processing but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; (d) you exercise your right to object (see below) pending the determination of whether our legitimate grounds override your rights.
- Where processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing prior to such withdrawal.
- Where processing is based on your consent, or on a contract, the right to data portability, i.e. the right to obtain a copy of the data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit such data to another controller without hindrance from us.
- Right to object to the processing of Personal Data provided that we do not have compelling, legitimate grounds for processing your Personal Data that would override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
For more information on your rights and how to exercise them under GDPR, please visit medline.eu/privacy-declaration#your-rights.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at:
Medline Industries, LP
Attn: Privacy Office
Three Lakes Drive
Northfield, IL 60093
By submitting a request here.
Security and protection of your Personal Data
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure your Personal Data is protected from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and we cannot fully guarantee the security of any data.
International transfers of Personal Data
Medline is an international organization with affiliates across the world. Medline has committed itself to comply with this privacy Statement and the applicable data protection laws and regulations with regard to Personal Data collected and stored.
For more information on our safeguards, please contact us. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and subject to appropriate safeguards in accordance with this Privacy Statement and applicable legislation.
We may update this Privacy Statement to We may update this Privacy Notice to reflect changes in the way we process Personal Information. We will notify you about such changes in the way we use your Personal Information in compliance with applicable law.
This Privacy Notice includes an “effective” and “last updated” date. The effective date refers to the date that the current version took effect. The last updated date refers to the date that the current version was last substantively modified.
Effective Date: January 1, 2022
Last Updated Date: December 6, 2